Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP DOM
Phillips Respironics is always trying to improve their products and that is exactly what they did with their new CPAP device called the DreamStation Auto CPAP DOM.
This CPAP is smaller and lighter than their SystemOne devices, which means; it will take up less space on your nightstand and will be easier for you to move!
The DreamStation has a modular design with cell and Wi-Fi options to allow patients and their providers to better customize your PAP therapy.
The modular design also makes this device more compatible with future innovations. With the DreamStation you are able to view the settings from the comfort of your bed without having to turn the device.
Your CPAP hose will be able to swivel 180-degrees to provide additional comfort and mobilization.
Phillips Respironics designed the appearance of the DreamStation to be less clinical and therefore more appealing to bedroom décor. This stylish Sleep Therapy device is easy to clean and the humidifier chambers are dishwasher safe.
Enhanced Comfort Features
The Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP DOM also has a Ramp feature you can enable or disable.
This feature will allow you to lower the pressure when you are trying to fall asleep. The pressure of the air provided through the CPAP will gradually increase until your prescribed pressure is reached.
The Dreamstation Auto CPAP DOM will offer a few different comfort features such as C-Flex, C-Flex+, and A-Flex.
Flex Comfort features provide you with additional pressure relief when you exhale. What’s the difference between these pressure relief technologies?
Let us explain: Philips Respironics tries to make your PAP Therapy mimic ones natural breathing patterns. How they achieve this is by utilizing their Flex Family technologies to customize the amount of pressure you will receive.
With the advent of these pressure relief technologies, everyone can enjoy more comfortable and effective therapeutic treatments.
- C-Flex: This will bring down your pressure right at the beginning of exhalation and return it to your setting right before inhalation.
- C-Flex+: This will bring down your pressure right at the beginning of exhalation and this feature will soften the pressure transition from inhalation to exhalation
- A-Flex: Matches the delivery of your pressure during the entire breathing cycle. This algorithm will mirror the patient’s breathing patterns and automatically adjust the pressure of your machine to meet your needs.
This DreamStation Auto CPAP DOM delivers a CPAP-Check and Auto-CPAP Therapy, is Bluetooth compatible and FDA approved as long as the device is without any of the modems or humidifiers installed in the unit at the time of travel.
It is recommended that it be brought on as carry-on luggage because your carrying case will not protect the device if it was put through checked baggage.
Here are a few things you might want to keep in mind when traveling with a DreamStation:
Call your airline when you book your flight to let them know you will be caring for medical equipment on board. Ask them if you will need a note from your doctor?
To help make your traveling experience as stress-free as possible there is a sticker on the bottom of the Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP DOM stating that it is medical equipment and is suitable for airline use.
Life PT Medical recommends you bring the manual with you to help security personnel understand what the DreamStation device is.
Bluetooth technology has become an extremely valuable piece of technology, so much that Respironics engineered it right into the DreamStation series of PAP therapy machines.
The incorporation of Bluetooth technology enables you to connect all your sleep therapy data from the device onto the DreamMapper (SleepMapper) website or mobile device app.
Using the Bluetooth technology in congruence with SleepMapper will streamline your sleep therapy management.
- Download the DreamMapper (SleepMapper) App for Apple
- Download the DreamMapper (SleepMapper) App for Android
- Visit the DreamMapper Website
- Dimensions: 6.2” L x 7.6” W x 3.3” H
- Weight: 2.2 Pounds
- Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H2O
- Automatic Altitude Adjustment: Up to 7,500 Feet
- Ramp: 0-45 Minutes with SmartRamp
- Exhalation Relief: A-Flex/C-Flex
- Heated Humidifier: Available
- Manufacturer: Respironics
- Product SKU Number: DSX500S11